I gave my car to a friend in return of the amount he gave me in 2008.Did not get the sales deed. He did not transfer and gave it to someone else. What can i do now to get it transferred. Person who has the car now can not be found.
The remedy available to you now is to file an intimation letter with the local police station. An intimation letter is simply a letter for information submitted with the police.
The letter must state the following:
1. The details of the car such as registration number, chasis number, car engine number, colour, model, brand name etc, whatever possible;
2. When the car was handed over your friend for return of what consideration;
3. Why transfer deed of car not made,
4. Please mention all the available details about the person to whom the car has been given;
5. Also mention that you have no contact or way of tracing him and hence the transfer deed cannot be executed now;
6. Finally state that you have no control or power over the said vehicle and hence this is an intimation to the police that in future if any question with respect to the said vehicle arises, you are in no way liable or responsible for the same.
Please deposit the original of the said intimation letter with the local police station and keep a copy stamped and received by the officials for future reference if required.